We’re only days into 2015 and we’re guessing you’ve already made – and broken most of your resolutions…
Don’t worry – we at ItDoesTheJob.com are here to help with some do-able, practical, simple and sensible ideas that require very little input – but give you a great return.
If we told you these New Year resolutions would end up saving you energy – and money – at little more than a ‘flick of a switch’ – what’s to lose? And this approach to isn’t just for 2015– but for life.
So no more knee jerk starts to any new year – you’re already doing your bit towards a lower energy and lower cost lifestyle!
Ok – so let’s start by crossing off the diet to lose 5 stone! Cancel the expensive gym you’ll use twice – and don’t kid yourself you’ve had your last pint ever! Instead, we’re reminding you of a simple 10 point check list that doesn’t cost you any money to ensure 2015 is a win/win as far as energy and money savings are concerned.
We’ve started simple: you’re probably doing most already and just need a reminder- have a look and put a tick against those you’ve actioned or intend to action. Shout about how you’re doing once you’ve ticked the checklist and tallied your score at the end. There’s a ‘limited edition’ (and extremely chic) ItDoesThejob.com shopping bag to be won! Share your score via email@example.com | @itdoesthejob | #itdoesthejob
Rally family and friends for a bit of fun and see how you match up… you’ll certainly smile when you see your next lot of bills! These quick tips are fun and easy to get involved with!
It’s not rocket science – but it does make sense. For more free tips visit: www.itdoesthejob.com/blog.
If you haven’t heard about how we do the job…
We’re an e-store specialising in products that help reduce energy and living costs. We’re helping creating sustainable lifestyles, showing how natural and manageable it is. We only recommend ideas and products that we use ourselves – so we know they work! As we’ve done it all ourselves we can share do-able ideas and tips that work!
The 10 point checklist you’ve just ticked is nothing more than sensible housekeeping…
- Why leave lights on in empty rooms?
- Why leave electrical appliances on standby? It’s costing money for no purpose.
- How many of us just throw a couple of pairs of jeans into the washing machine? Why not wait for one full load which uses less energy than two half loads and wash at 40C rather than 60C, saving 30% on energy;
- Keeping the house warm in winter can cost a small fortune – but if you turn the thermostat down by just 1°C you could cut your heating bills by up to 10% giving you an average saving of £60 a year (according to the Energy Saving Trust);
- Of course keep your curtains drawn to conserve your heat. And don’t dry your clothes on the radiator: they have to work harder and it makes your room damp.
- Giving more thought to water consumption will also help reduce those bills. We’re all guilty of overfilling the kettle when we just want one cup of tea and boiling the vegetables in too much water. We’re wasting water, time and energy to get to boiling point. The same applies to a dripping tap. Don’t ignore it – it’s costing you money. Taps are relatively simple to fix – if in doubt – call the plumber!
- And for all those cooks out there – try to use your oven to capacity – rather than turning on for just one sponge cake! And if you’ve got guests for dinner – then why not entertain in your pre-warmed kitchen saving on heating costs in other rooms. It’s much more sociable and cosy too!
And these ideas are just for starters! – they’re simple, practical and effective to get you going.
ItDoesTheJob.com are constantly coming up with new ideas, tips and hints to help save even more energy, money and time while making it manageable and fun! Take a look at our website and see what we do: www.itdoesthejob.com. Our monthly newsletter is packed full of inspirational ideas, tips and advice as well as topical news – why not sign up and see for yourself?
Good luck and enjoy your new energy and money saving lifestyle- if you need any more help and tips, you know where we are!